A romantic proposal on a horse-drawn carriage in Bled
Say the "Would You" question while enjoying a ride in a decorated carriage around the scenic lake Bled. Champagne is included. Price: starting from EUR 190
Romantic Proposal Package
A view of the beautiful lake, hidden between mountain peaks and guarded by a scenic castle on the cliff above the water is unforgettable no matter what time of the year. There is a walking path around the lake. A decorated carriage will be waiting to take you on a romantic ride around lake Bled. Champagne will be waiting on boardand when the moment is right, ask the “would you” question. Blankets are provided for cozy winter proposals.
Proposal Bled, Slovenia
Thank you so much for the wonderful arrangements. I couldn't have asked for more - it was absolutely perfect!!! She was so thrilled by the picnic and then the proposal pushed it over the top. You and your team made it all possible.
I'm posting this as a resource to all the men out there considering the same thing I went through, I can't highly recommend enough how beautiful of a place Lake Bled is to ask the marriage proposal question to your significant other. I was struggling with finding the perfect place where I could find both privacy and romance to ask my girlfriend... but Lake Bled did not disappoint. Here was the rough itinerary I planned:
1) Late morning walk around the Lake, with a stop at Tito's palace for a cappuccino & Bled cake with a view of the church
2) Picked up simple picnic lunch at the Konzum market (cheeses, meats, fruit, bread, etc.) and hiked up to the top of Bled Castle (15-20 minutes up a steep trail); picnicked to an incredible view of the lake
3) Pletna boat ride to the island; rang the church bell together (make it ring three times and it will grant you/her a wish); carried her up the 99 steps in front of the church as one of their romantic traditions
4) Pletna boat going to Camp Zaka or Milna so that you have a short walk to the opposite side of the lake
5) Final stop: Hiked to the top of one of the hidden best views in all of Lake Bled. At the top, there was a bench with a gorgeous picnic laid out ahead of time with champagne, roses, local exotic cheeses, grapes, strawberries, etc. This was all planned well ahead of time using an amazing local tour company - Divine Travel... see below for details if interesting in planning any time of romantic excursion around Bled/Ljubljana.
It involved at least about 10 miles of hiking throughout the day, so if you are not active, you might want to replace some of the walking I mention with a romantic horse carriage ride or bike, which would cut down the mileage a bit. It was the perfect proposal (her words, not mine) and I can't thank Tina @ Divine Travel enough for her help. She found the spot, sent me detailed hiking instructions, and made all my requests come true for a reasonable price.
Good luck and enjoy Bled!
Proposal Bled, Slovenia
I discovered Divine Travel whilst searching for a romantic way to propose to my girlfriend during our holiday to Slovenia...
From the first email the information and assistance with organising this was second to none.
We were picked up from ljubljana in a private taxi and driven to the beautiful area of bled.
Upon arrival at the lakeshore we were met with rose petals leading to the traditional pletna boat which contained candles, flowers, chocolates, champagne and grapes.
We were then paddled out to a small island in the middle of the Lake, which we had completely to ourselves.
The island had great views back to the town of bled across the lake and also a castle high on the clifftop.
This is where I proposed to Amanda, of course she said yes. On our way back to shore the man paddling the boat even gave Amanda a bunch of roses. She has never been happier.
I cannot speak highly enough of the service and value for money provided by sonja and her team
This was certainly a night we will never forget, and my new fiancés friends are green with envy.
I highly recommend using divine travel for your once in a lifetime occasion you will never forget
Thanks again sonja
Phill and Amanda ( newly engaged )